Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mad Libs

Mad Libs: Inevitable for all species.

Originally this comic had "Nuts" written in all the blank spaces. Then I realized that joke was stupid.  This one is much more sophisticated. I feel the inherit comedy of expecting our squirrel protagonists to write something squirrel-related in all the blanks and then dashing that hope on the jagged, unforgiving rocks of humor is a nice juxtaposition. And even if that subtle jocularity escapes the common man, he can still laugh because "Penis" is a funny word.

On a slightly related note, sometimes I draw things in MSPaint that aren't pictures of squirrels and a man with a red shirt. This was done in about 10 minutes and inspired by the model I did a drypoint etching of in my printmaking class. Surprisingly, when working with the pencil tool, the two mediums have very similar methods of image creation. Perhaps my increasing skill with one shall improve the other...

Or maybe I'll just draw another joke about penises.

Heh, Penis.

No comments:

Post a Comment